Gluten Free, Low Fat Blueberry Muffins
A quick and easy breakfast option for our guests that require glutenless foods.
- 2 cups gluten free multi-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (convection). Sprinkle 1/4 cup gluten free flour over blueberries and set aside.
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix egg, milk and applesauce in a separate bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently to moisten.
- Add blueberries. Do not overmix!
- Spoon into muffin pans lined with muffin papers.
- Bake at 360 degrees F (convection) for 20-25 minutes until done. In a conventional oven, bake at 375 degrees F.