Sun-dried Tomato & Basil White Bean Burgers
So delicious, even meat eaters will love them!
- 2 cans white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (from a bottle packed in olive oil), patted dry
- 4-5 medium basil leaves
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Place about 3/4 of the beans (eyeball it), onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper in your food processor. Blend for 30-45 seconds until combined.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir in almond meal and remaining beans.
- Heat olive oil on a large skillet over medium heat. Form mixture into 6 patties and carefully transfer to the skillet. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the bottom is browned and set. Very carefully flip and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes until the opposite side is browned and set as well.
- Serve immediately, or store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.